Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I am a tea Fanatic!



I have been drinking tea since the age of 7. Mostly just Lipton, till I discovered that Lipton wasn't the only tea in the world and my love affair with tea began. Every morning I still have that reliable cup of hot Lipton Tea with two sugars. I can't start my day without it. Then mid-morning I have my cup of Green Tea with honey(ooooh delightful!) Now recently I have discovered a tea drinkers heaven on earth, Teavana! They have every tea you can imagine. When I first moved to the suburbs away from my beloved New York City I had to find a way to get to what they called a mall. When I finally got my license at the ripe old age of 32, because in New York there is no need for a car, I finally found my way to the mall. It took me two years to muster up the guts to get on a highway but I did for my beloved tea. There I was standing at the gates of heaven, the aroma of tea hit me from every angle. I started to sweat, I have to have every tea in this joint I thought! I quickly calmed myself down and grabbed a pamphlet. Wow!Pina colada tea, Gingerbread cookie tea, Jasmine Dragon Pheonix Pearls, I felt like I had just become apart of a secret society, I mean come on Dragon Pearls! When I got my bearings enough to walk in I quickly spotted the tea pots, oh my, beautiful cast iron tea pots just whistling my name! The next thing I noticed was a tea called Monkey Picked Oolong, excuse me, monkey what I thought. Then I learned that it's name refers to Buddhist monks who trained monkeys to harvest young leaves from the top of the wild tea treas. I thought the girl was playing with me because she seen my reaction when I entered my private heaven, but no it was true. To make a long story short. I will forever be loyal to my tea leaves and the experience I had that day at Teavana, in the name of tea i will forever be loyal. LOL, no but it's true I'm a tea fanatic, it gets me throught my worst days. Its always been a friend and true friends are hard to come by, right. Is anyone else a tea fanatic like me. If so comment and let me know what teas you like. Chau for now!

3 comments:

  1. I love Teavana. I just recently bought 3 new teas, one of my favorites is a white tea. Its so good for your skin too!

    I'm your newest follower! check out my blog & if you like it follow me too :)

    steph
    http://notjustanotherblondeinbeijing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh its the To Life white tea. It does have a light fruity taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good, I will look into it when I go back to Teavana. I love any tea that's good for the skin. I'm also skin care obsessed by the way. Nice blog by the way, I felt like I was on vacation in Beijing. Nice pictures of the landscape. My next purchase will be those cast iron tea pots. Do you have any of those? I just have the plastic teamaker its's quicker, Im a New York we like every thing quick. Thanks for following me.

    ReplyDelete

Please watch this video on the story of toxins in our cosmetics!

I love my city

I love my city
I grew up in an apartment right under the Brooklyn Bridge in Manhattan

One of my favorite You Tube Gurus

I finally found the perfect shade of Auburn

I finally found the perfect shade of Auburn
Loving my new haircolor, its Loreal Lightest Auburn and as they say in those Loreal commercials "Im In love".

My new hat

My new hat
Reminds me of the south!

My baby boy

My baby boy
Hes my joy!

My daughter

My daughter
They grow up so fast!

A much needed date night with the hubby

A much needed date night with the hubby