Tuesday, September 21, 2010
I was contacted by Juara Skincare to do a review on there products which are inspired by Indonesian Botanicals. The products are free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, and artificial colorants. There 100% vegetarian and do no test on animals. I was sent there Rice Facial Cleanser, Rice Facial Scrub, Tamarind Tea Hydrating Toner and Sweet Black Tea & Ginger Mattefying Moisturizer (oil-free). I was very pleased with these products. These products are truly a breath of fresh air. There was no irritation associated with these products which is a key factor for me. There was no overpowering fragrances that you some times find with organic skincare products. Here is a breakdown of what each product claims it does and how it worked for me.
1. Rice Facial Cleanser: A sulfate free foaming cleanser and makeup remover that evokes a rice water rinse traditional in Indonesia and leaves skin soft and supple. For all skin types, including sensitive.
-This was my favorite product. I have a very hard time finding a facial wash that doesn't strip the moisture from my skin. This product washed away makeup and dirt effortlessly while leaving my skin super soft. It also had a brightening effect as well. It never irritated my skin or broke me out. This is my new holy grail product.
The rice water soothed my skin and actually calmed the redness in my skin, which is a big problem for me. I would say I definitely recommend this product.
2. Rice Facial Scrub: This product combines the skin conditioning effect of rice protein and perfectly round, fine exfoliating beads, this scrub leaves skin feeling significantly smoother with pores less noticeable. For all skin types.
- I found this product to be a pampering treatment. The beads are perfectly rounded and it did exfoliate well. I would recommend only using it once or twice a week because you never want to over exfoliate your skin. It's a good exfoliater that doesn't cause irritation. This product also had a brightening effect.
3. Tamarind Tea Hydrating Toner: Also known as " The Skin Quencher," this unique, alcohol-free, oil free toner-serum combines skin-smoothing tamarind and hydrating hyaluronic acid with a soothing infusion of antioxidant rich teas and calming rice bran extract. For all skin types.
- This toner was hydrating and calming. It didn't seem to do what most toners are meant to do which is take off any remaining dirt and makeup left over from washing our face. It was really a softening lotion to me. This is a nice product if your jet lagged or feel dehydrated. This product is a very soothing and softening .
4. Sweet Black Tea & Ginger Mattefying Moisturizer (oil-free):
This light gel-creme combines the age-defying and radiance boosting benefits of Sweet Black Tea with the shine-reducing and purifying properties of ginger and cinnamon for a luminous matte finish. For oily to combination skin.
- This product was a hit or miss for me. I liked it when it first went on because of the mattifying effect. It smoothed my skin nicely for my foundation application. The only gripe I had with this product is it was a little drying. I feel this product would work for someone with really oily skin. It is an overall nice mattifying moisturizer.
Overall I think this is a great skincare line. I have yet to try there masks which I have done some research on and have heard nothing but accolades. They also offer products for the body such as body washes, gels and lotions. They also offer perfume oils that sound yummy such as Tiare Jasmine Perfume oil, I am a sucker for anything with jasmine. I really like this brand and the science behind it. It's the ancient tradition of Indonesia beauty rituals meets moderns science. I definitely recommend looking in to these products. Let me know if you have tried or would like to try these products and what you think? You could find these products and others at
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
I have decided to give out free beauty consultations on line. If you want a consultation which will include makeup colors that will suit your skin and hair color, makeup application techniques, hair coloring, what products I think would be great for you, skincare products I feel would suit you and some Alternative Natural Beauty tips. Feel free to email me a pic with no makeup please with some info about yourself. What colors your drawn too, what's your overall style, if you wear makeup, any skin problems you have and what your looking to accomplish. I love helping other women and men feel great about themselves so this will be fun and fulfilling for me. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to leave a pic with a comment for this post you can do so as well. I hope to hear from you!
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Today is my birthday! It's bittersweet because today I turned 37 yrs old. Oh please let it just be a dream, I can't be 37 already. I was just 25 a New York minute ago. I have succumbed to the inevitable, I am getting older. Well, let's see do I feel old? The answer truly is no. Do I feel wiser? I must say I don't get stressed over situations like I use to in my twenties. I guess I have learned to grab the trolley straps and enjoy the ride. To keep with the subject of beauty, I will fight to the death every wrinkly little enemy that has the audacity to try to invade on my facial territory! Forget diamonds, Retin-A is truly a girls best friend. On that note, as the saying goes, "Let them eat cake"! Happy Birthday to me!
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
I am wearing Bare Minerals Foundation in Fairly Light, Revlon's Eyeshadow Quad in Coffee Bean, NYX Gray Eyeliner, Loreal Voluminous Mascara in black, NYC Bronzer in Sunny, Covergirl Blush in Plumberry Glow, Jordana Lip liner in Baby Berry and Maybeline Moisture Whip Lipstick in Sugar Plum Ice with a mix of the Covergirl Blush Plumberry Glow. A little trick of mine is after applying my lipstick I dab a little of the blush I am using on my lips. It really makes your blush pop.
I was very excited to see that the Dollar Tree has a whole new section of really good makeup. Usually the only thing you will find is some out dated makeup from unknown makeup brands. To my surprise they had Maybeline Mineral Blushes, Revlon Liners, Almay Pure Eye shadows, Maybeline Eye shadows, NYC Lipsticks, Almay Pure Foundation and more that I have to investigate. If you walk into a CVS these products are on display now for regular price. I feel like I hit a home run to say the least. If you ad up what I got at the Dollar Tree at regular price at CVS it comes to 55.00. Now I only payed 8.00 at the Dollar Tree. They had so much more but I didn't have the time to go through it all. I will be back this week and update you on what else they have. Get to your local Dollar Tree, I guarantee you will feel like you hit a home run too! Do you know of any stores that sell makeup for dirt cheap? I would love to know!