Wednesday, June 23, 2010
I gave my daughter a makeover, I tried to keep it simple but pretty. What do you think?
1. Foundation-Bare Minerals in Medium Beige and Nars Sheer Glow in Punjab for a concealer.
2. Bronzer- N.Y.C Bronzer in Sunny
3. Blush- Revlons Everything's Rosy Blush
4. Eyeshadow- Revlons Eyeshadow Quad in Coffee bean( I used the second and third shadow in that quad. I also used Mac's Greystone in her outer corners. For and inner tear duct highlighter I used Cover girl single eye shadows in Champagne.
5. Eyeliner- Wet'n Wild Black Eyeliner
6. Lips- Rimmels 1000 Kisses Lip liner in Natural and Maybelines Moisture Whip Lipstick in Sugarplum Ice. I also used the Cover Girl Champagne Eyeshadow in the center of her lips for the illusion of fullness.
7. Mascara-Cover Girl Lash Blast in Black
8. Eyebrows- I filled in her eyebrows with Paula Dorfs Eyebrow Powder in Brunette
This is a list of ingredients to avoid for acne or in general. Most of the ingredients I will be listing are carcinogenic. Most of these ingredients are also stored in fat cells which are released in our bloodstream in times of stress, perspiration and nutritional deficiencies. If possible write them down and keep them handy when you are shopping for skincare, hair and makeup products. If possible try to go as natural as possible. I will be doing a post soon on how to detoxify your skin and body to get rid of acne. I will have to toss alot of my skincare products out, because most of them have one or more of these ingredients. I will be researching all natural skincare products that don't cause allergic reactions as some do. Stay tuned!
2. Alcohol Denatured
5. BHT & BHA
6. Coal Tar
7. FDC Dyes and other colorants
8. Cocamidopropyl Betaine
9. Dimethicone, Methicone
14.Parabens and Lanolins
16.Phenonip(a paraben cocktail)
20.Hydroquinone (known to cause severe hyperpigmentation)
25.Fragrances or anything to claim Fragrance Free, there are fragrances to hide the real smell of the product especially if it's organic. Your better off if the product stinks!
26.Glycerin (look for vegetable glycerin instead)
28.Grapefruit Seed Extract
32.All Sulfates, Lauryl, Laureth ect..
35.Talc (do not use this product on babies)
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
I have been on a mission to find the perfect lip liner and lipstick combo to create the perfect nude lip. My mission took me to the my favorite drugstore CVS. I love CVS and now they even have Beauty Advisers. My Beauty Advisor from my local CVS is a doll. She really knows her stuff. Her names Reva and she is great at letting you know what there are deals on and always has coupons for my favorite stuff. To make a long story short, I have found the perfect nude lip combo. The lip liner is Rimmels 1000 Kisses Lip liner and the lipstick is Revlon's Color Stay lipstick in Smooth Nude. There the perfect light nude pink color, like your natural lip color only better. You could even use the lip liner alone to fill in your lips. This pair is my new favorite combo. Check it out. Some CVS drugstores don't carry the Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip liner, so try Walmart or Ulta. These stores usually carry the full line of Rimmel products. What is your favorite nude lip combo?