Tuesday, September 21, 2010
I was contacted by Juara Skincare to do a review on there products which are inspired by Indonesian Botanicals. The products are free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, and artificial colorants. There 100% vegetarian and do no test on animals. I was sent there Rice Facial Cleanser, Rice Facial Scrub, Tamarind Tea Hydrating Toner and Sweet Black Tea & Ginger Mattefying Moisturizer (oil-free). I was very pleased with these products. These products are truly a breath of fresh air. There was no irritation associated with these products which is a key factor for me. There was no overpowering fragrances that you some times find with organic skincare products. Here is a breakdown of what each product claims it does and how it worked for me.
1. Rice Facial Cleanser: A sulfate free foaming cleanser and makeup remover that evokes a rice water rinse traditional in Indonesia and leaves skin soft and supple. For all skin types, including sensitive.
-This was my favorite product. I have a very hard time finding a facial wash that doesn't strip the moisture from my skin. This product washed away makeup and dirt effortlessly while leaving my skin super soft. It also had a brightening effect as well. It never irritated my skin or broke me out. This is my new holy grail product.
The rice water soothed my skin and actually calmed the redness in my skin, which is a big problem for me. I would say I definitely recommend this product.
2. Rice Facial Scrub: This product combines the skin conditioning effect of rice protein and perfectly round, fine exfoliating beads, this scrub leaves skin feeling significantly smoother with pores less noticeable. For all skin types.
- I found this product to be a pampering treatment. The beads are perfectly rounded and it did exfoliate well. I would recommend only using it once or twice a week because you never want to over exfoliate your skin. It's a good exfoliater that doesn't cause irritation. This product also had a brightening effect.
3. Tamarind Tea Hydrating Toner: Also known as " The Skin Quencher," this unique, alcohol-free, oil free toner-serum combines skin-smoothing tamarind and hydrating hyaluronic acid with a soothing infusion of antioxidant rich teas and calming rice bran extract. For all skin types.
- This toner was hydrating and calming. It didn't seem to do what most toners are meant to do which is take off any remaining dirt and makeup left over from washing our face. It was really a softening lotion to me. This is a nice product if your jet lagged or feel dehydrated. This product is a very soothing and softening .
4. Sweet Black Tea & Ginger Mattefying Moisturizer (oil-free):
This light gel-creme combines the age-defying and radiance boosting benefits of Sweet Black Tea with the shine-reducing and purifying properties of ginger and cinnamon for a luminous matte finish. For oily to combination skin.
- This product was a hit or miss for me. I liked it when it first went on because of the mattifying effect. It smoothed my skin nicely for my foundation application. The only gripe I had with this product is it was a little drying. I feel this product would work for someone with really oily skin. It is an overall nice mattifying moisturizer.
Overall I think this is a great skincare line. I have yet to try there masks which I have done some research on and have heard nothing but accolades. They also offer products for the body such as body washes, gels and lotions. They also offer perfume oils that sound yummy such as Tiare Jasmine Perfume oil, I am a sucker for anything with jasmine. I really like this brand and the science behind it. It's the ancient tradition of Indonesia beauty rituals meets moderns science. I definitely recommend looking in to these products. Let me know if you have tried or would like to try these products and what you think? You could find these products and others at